www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

005 the adult life - twinkie lite version

So I've been living at my new residence for a total of one month as of Monday. What in the world do I do?
Easy.

I basically take pyrophoric materials (things that spontaneously combust when it touches air or water, so no, you cannot touch it) put them in a reactor, mix them, cook them, and pray to God it doesn't blow up.

Like I said. Easy. I don't ever wonder every five minutes if I'm about to die.

But that's really nothing compared to what I do most of the time outside of my 8 or 9 (and even on occasion...eleven) hour job. I try to do awesome things. For example, my Friday nights have only increased in its quality of crazy since I moved here. I really do think I like my life right now.
Enjoy the pictures I took before and after my phone drowned in the river.
I was invited to go tiki-tubing on my first weekend. These pictures need no explanation. Only the note that I will not be taking out my phone to take pictures over water ever again.

These were taken from my favorite lunch place. I've only gone twice because I realize that too much of a good thing can become boring......THAT IS FALSE. Case in point: Sushi. I've only gone twice because I'm on a restaurant craze. This place features the freshest seafood deli I have ever been to. Fresh seafood that they cook onsite or available for purchase for your own seafood cooking. Which I now do all the time.
Sushi. Duh. I've been to five different places, this was the latest one. They feature a sushi and hibachi buffet. Wouldn't call it amazing, but it was in fact wonderful.

Doing the walmart thing to do... There have been certain people in my limited acquaintance here that I have not seen sober on a Friday  night. They make life interesting.
I'm in the league for Ultimate Frisbee this summer. I still kind of suck, but it's great fun. Sometimes I wish I ignored homework in college. I'm in a team called The (albino) Polar Bears. We wear black t-shirts of death and destruction...or if you're me, a t-shirt that says "Judge me by my size, do you?" with Yoda on the back. It's every Tuesday, so if I don't answer after work on Tuesdays, fear not. I am alive, and am still probably friends with you. I also go running around the lakes on the LSU campus (Yeah. LSU. Nothing's perfect) after work everyday, so if I just don't answer...sorry? ^_^
I live 2 minutes away from Whole Foods. Remember when I had Harps as my backyard? Well I consider Whole Foods as my backyard (as well as the strip mall that it is attached to). Cheese, wine, Italian food, prepped Asian food that isn't half-bad. I once spent $125 here. No joke. Anyways, last night I made gnocchi with beef ragu. It was superb. And I don't mean it to say it was all my cooking, the stuff at Whole Foods is just really amazing. Did I mention they sell top-tier wine?

So there you have it. I'll keep you guys posted when my furniture comes in this Friday. I pretty much dropped half the cost of a semester's tuition on my apartment. You do the math.

*is very self-satisfied with life at the moment*

No comments:

Post a Comment